11 September 2014

Daybreak Shawl

I don't think I ever mentioned this project here on the blog, but I recently finished my Daybreak Shawl. This was such a quick, fun knit and a great way to use up fingering weight scraps. It also makes a gorgeous final product.

DSC_0023

The pattern was Daybreak by Stephen West. Every pattern I've ever knit by him as been well-written and free of errors. I did have a brief issue with understanding a part of the pattern, but that was just me not double-checking my work. It was fun and easy to get into a rhythm with.

My mother also helped a bit on this one because she was low on projects to work on at the time, so that makes it even more special!

DSC_0002

The yarn was some left over Madelinetosh Tosh Merino Light in the Venetian and Stargazing colorways. As always, I frequently wondered why I knit with anything other than Madelinetosh, there is nothing I don't love about their yarns. Perfection!

PicMonkey Collage

Also, I think I deserve some applause here, because I actually pulled out all the stops and blocked this shawl right after binding off. I suffered through it, painstakingly pinned it down, and Kitty napped on it while it dried. A good time was had by all and ultimately I was glad I did it!

11 comments:

  1. as usual beautiful colours and beautiful work

    ReplyDelete
  2. These colours are perfect for the shawl, truly gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That is a beautiful shawl -- and don't we all need patterns that use scraps? I love MadTosh, too, but I am equally in love with many indie dyers' yarns. So many yarns...

    ReplyDelete
  4. I didn't know you were knitting one of those, they are so lovely. I love your color choices, and the help you got from your mom and kitty make it even more special!

    ReplyDelete
  5. It's lovely! A great way to use scraps.

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a lovely addition to your fall accessories! Beautiful work.

    ReplyDelete
  7. You chose the perfect yarn and the perfect colors for this. Also, yes, major applause for blocking right away! It's so easy to cast off and start wearing something right away without blocking or (in my case) weaving in the ends. In any case, it looks great on you!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wonderful FO. You choose the right colors. I've seen some and they didn't make the pattern appeal to me. Yours does.

    ReplyDelete
  9. It's beautiful and yeah for using leftover yarn right? So cool that your mon participated! Great FO!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh, I love Madelinetosh. One of my favorite sweaters is made from it. What a joy to knit with. Your shawl is lovely.

    She Knits in Pearls

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love the colors you've chosen for the shawl. I think stargazing in particular is a favorite.

    ReplyDelete

I would love to hear from you!