30 December 2011

Fiber Goals for 2012

My good friend Lisa (check her blog out at Wicked Artsy) recently suggested that we both write a list of knitting goals for the upcoming year and then we could both support each other in our goals.  Of course, I thought that was a fantastic idea and then took my sweet time composing a list.  This was partly because I have been terribly busy and partly because I feel that there is so much to learn that writing a list that isn't a mile long is rather daunting.

However, I finally sat myself down and completed a list that includes not only knitting resolutions, but also spinning and dyeing resolutions as well!


Knitting:

- Knit a pair of CookieA socks

- Complete a colorwork sweater

- Complete an entrelac project

- Knit a tea pot cosy

- Conquer fear of short rows

- Knit a decent looking toy

- Try knitting with a new type of fiber

- Finish a spin-to-knit project


Spinning:

- Buy or make a wheel

- Learn to spin on a different type of spindle

- Learn to Navajo ply

- Learn to spin attractive relaxed singles

- Master spinning with a silk hankie

- Spin a new type of fiber


Misc:

- Learn to shear a sheep

- Dye fiber/yarn with tea

- Design a pattern and publish

- Make knitting/dyeing/spinning tutorials for blog


I found that making a list of everything I really wanted to learn and achieve this upcoming year really inspired me.  However, if I get half of them completed by the end of the year I'll call it a success.

Are you planning on composing a list of your own?  I would love to hear about it!

4 comments:

  1. You have some very interesting goals. I don't know many people want to knit a tea cosy, make a spinning wheel, or learn to shear a sheep. This year I knitted St. Brigid, which has been on my "to knit some day" list for a very long time. Maybe next year I will finally tackle steeking (shutter at the thought).

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love your list, it's very "you"!. I honestly think that with as much as you achieved this year, you will have no problem completing most of this list. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for taking a trip over to my blog and thanks for your kind words. I'm glad you did because it brought me here! I really like your goals, some unusual ones there. Look forward to seeing how you get on.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi there! Thanks so much for commenting on my blog. I'm glad I came over to yours, because it's downright awesome. Your list is so varied and inspiring! I'm definitely looking forward to reading about your progress, especially with shearing a sheep. All the best to you! :)

    ReplyDelete

I would love to hear from you!